About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Monday, December 10, 2007

Wassailing Anyone?

Thursday night was the annual Richland Wassailing event. Of course I had to drag Phil down to check it out, since we missed out last year. For those of you who don’t know what Wassailing is (don’t be embarrassed, I didn’t know what it was either) it’s basically caroling. We did not do any singing, but we did take Tula down to see some live Reindeer, walk around the part and drink hot chocolate. All the shops were open with treats and goodies inside for people to check out. The best part of the evening was when a little chubby boy (probably around 9 or 10 years old) came up to pet Tula. He had hot chocolate on his face, a cookie in his mouth and another in his hand. I said “be careful or she might try to eat your cookie.” Then he asked if he could give it to her and I said “sure if you want to, that is fine.” He then changed his mind and said to me, I was going to give it to her but then I remembered that dogs can’t have chocolate. This might not be funny except the cookie he was holding was a vanilla crème filled cookie… no chocolate there.

After that, the boy proceeded to tell me that if Tula was his dog and was a boy that he would “name her Jerry Springer, because she looks like she could jump high”… ??

A little while later I was enjoying a cup of hot chocolate by the boy scouts table when this same little boy came up to get another glass. As he finished it off, he says to me…”hot chocolate makes me have to go the bathroom.” That was the icing on a wonderful Christmasy night.
Here is Tula doing her best impersonation of a Reindeer.
Phil & Tula in the town square.
The live Reindeer...they didn't look that happy.

1 comment:

Greg Bevier said...

I knew what Wassailing was.