About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Monday, August 11, 2008

the Shermanator

Sorry I have been gone for a while, we took a family trip to Yosemite in California which I will post on later. For now I will quickly bring you up to speed on what happened before that trip.

Saturday morning, Phil, Jon, both my sisters & my cousin Staci decided to partake in the "Shermanator." Which is a sprint triathalon (meaning: swim 500 yards, bike 10 miles and then run 3.1 miles). Don't ask me what possessed them to do this.

They all did awesome with lots of friends & family there to cheer them on. I was very impressed with everyone's swimming, since not everyone actually "trained" for this part of the competition.

Here are some pictures of the event.

Phil & Jon trying on their swimming gear the night before.


My sisters getting ready for the race.


Here are the boys afterwards... they actually don't look too bad. Good job guys!


Here are all the participants after it was over. I can't believe they are smiling! I'm so proud.
Phil, Jon, Jennifer, Staci & Annie.


You can check out their times & results here in case you are interested in who "won."

http://results.active.com/pages/searchform.jsp?rsID=67272&orgID=216362

3 comments:

Greg Bevier said...

Phil, of course, is wearing my favorite number; 5. How sublime. They are much crazier, I mean ambitious, than I.

The Camburns said...

It is about time you got an update on your blog! Hope you guys had a fun time.

The Casa Hunt said...

Jon probably didn't swim, he is so tall her just ran along and acted like he was swimming!!! You guys are the awesomest.