About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

White water rafting in California

After all of our Yosemite adventures, we decided to drive back up to Sacramento (Placerville actually) and do some white water rafting.  Yes, even my mom & Nate partook in the events.  At one point it was questionable whether my mom was going to drown after she got thrown from the boat, but not to worry, she's safe and sound.
I also lost a pair of my sunglasses.  I am jinxed.  I have to lose a pair of sunglasses into a body of water on every vacation.  I figured this out after my mom told me she lost her sunglasses into the ocean while she was pregnant with me...now it all makes sense and my destiny is clear.
Here are some pictures of our boat going down one of the rapids.  My crazy husband wanted to ride in the front, which made me a little nervous, but it all worked out fine.

1 comment:

skbevier said...

Pretty awesome pics of the rafting! Was scary hearing of your mom's "overthrow". Glad all turned out well. I'm very jealous of your trip. Sounds like it was a good time and I'm glad your family got to enjoy it!

A. Sharon