About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beach Trip

Ok so here is my last post about the 4th of July weekend. We just did so much that it keeps dragging on and on.

Anyways, on Sunday morning my family, Phil & I made a quick trip over to Lake Michigan to South Haven. We spent the day at the beach playing paddle ball, climbing dunes & even braving the freezing cold Lake Michigan water (which I swear was only about 60 degrees).

It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun. Phil practiced his swimming for the upcoming triathalon while Jenni & I coerced my mother out into the lake on an innertube. This is an amazing feat for those of you who do not know my mother. She does not get into our pool unless the water is at least 80 degrees...and even then it's questionable. So to get her into freezing cold Lake Michigan was something spectactular.

Here are the girls getting ready for paddle ball (Jenni, me and my mom).


Jenni & Phil in the water trying not to look cold.


Here we are at the top of the dune... whew that was a long way up.
Jenni, Mom, Gualie & me


Here are Phil & Gualie running down the dune. That is the best part. The view from up there was beautiful.


Here is mom in the inner tube. We're so proud!

No comments: