About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Monday, July 23, 2007

Pedicures, Smelly Boys and David Beckham

I know, I know… It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Things are crazy for me right now; classes are kicking my butt left and right.

But anyways, here is a little update about my weekend:

This weekend we traveled all the way down to Indianapolis for the 2nd annual MLS "wanna be" soccer tournament. Phil and his friend Jon are the instigators of this tournament and this year they recruited my favorite cousin Ross and some of his friends to play with them. We stayed with our friends Justin and Heather while we were there, they were kind enough to house 5 stinky boys plus myself and our friend Erin too. It was a houseful! But we had a great time. A big thank you goes out to them for having us and feeding us, we really appreciate it.


The boys relaxing and recovering.


The boys played soccer on Saturday, which we went to watch. They were very tired and sore afterwards… especially the old fogies on the team (Jon and Phil). After the games, Heather, Erin and I made our rounds to Hobby Lobby for some spectacular deals on art and also to get manicures and pedicures at a place where the lady used what looked like a cheese slicer on my feet… a little scary, but my feet are now super smooth. I’m trying not to think about the hygiene of the place.


Erin's manicure and Heather's pedicure both looking fabulous.



Phil throwing the ball from the goal.



The boys after their final game.


Phil and Curtis snuggling.





We grilled out on Saturday night with tons of burgers, chicken, hot dogs and corn on the grill (which was fabulous… thank you Rob). After the grill out, the boys spent about two hours waiting for David Beckham to play in his first MLS soccer game in the U.S. He finally made it in at the end for about 10 minutes and it was very disappointing. They finally settled for some poker to pass the time.


The Poker Game

No comments: