About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Root Canal

For the past few weeks I had been having pain in one of my molars, especially sensitive to cold and hot and pretty much anything that touched it. After the pain spread to the rest of my jaw on that side, I decided it was time to go see the dentist. My good buddy the dentist decided that I needed to have a root canal, so under his great advice, I scheduled my appointment for a few days later to have it done.

For those of you who have never had a root canal, thank your lucky stars! I had it done Friday morning. It was about two hours of sitting with my jaw propped open and spit running down the side of my face. Not to mention a big rubber shield covering my entire face besides the one tooth (which made it very difficult to breathe by the way). Along with the drooling uncontrollably, I also had someone drilling with what seemed at the time excessive force into my jaw… it felt like he could poke through the bottom of my jaw at any minute. Thankfully the entire one side of my face was completely numb so I couldn’t feel much pain.

About half way through the procedure, he got up and said I’ll be right back… I was thinking… WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU’LL BE RIGHT BACK! I’m sitting here with my mouth wide open, half my face covered in drool and the other half numb and probably covered in drool too and I have this giant rubber face shield thingy on blocking my airways… don’t you think you could just hold the pee buddy! Of course I just mutter OK through the bubbling drool.

Anyways, it turned out fine, I went back to work with my face still numb and attempted to drink & eat lunch the rest of the day without looking like a complete idiot. My jaw is still a little sore and my tooth is tender, but all in all I guess it was worth it.

No comments: