About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Firecrackers

Happy fourth of July! I can't believe it is already July, this summer is going by so fast.

This fourth of July we celebrated living in our house 1 year, by making wall hangings and hanging them up in the living room. I was inspired by Trading Spaces and assisted by my Mom, my Aunt Laurie and my sister Annie. Phil did the hard work of hanging them up on the wall and dealing with me asking him to keep moving them all over the place until they were just where I wanted them (thank god he loves me, because I think he probably would have killed me if he didn't). But they are perfect, exactly what I was envisioning and I love them.

The only bad thing is... the thermostat is in the middle of the wall, I mean exact middle and that is where I wanted to put my hangings, so I had to compromise.

I'm kind of a crooked picture taker...they aren't really that crooked in real life.


We also celebrated the fourth of July by running in the annual Schoolcraft Firecracker 5 miler ... yes I said FIVE MILES! Annie, Gual, Phil and I all participated (or attempted to). Annie and Phil ran together, which about killed Phil. I'm a little sad that my mom didn't get a good picture of him puking at the finish line, my sister is a fast runner! Gual did really well, especially considering he has a torn ACL in his knee and probably shouldn't be doing anything at all! I finished behind all of them of course, but I did pretty good for me, considering I haven't had time to run since we did the half marathon a few months ago. All in all, we did well. But I think we were the only people there who didn't win a door prize.



We then had lunch with Phil's mom, which was wonderful. We got to see the progress she's made on converting her basement into the coolest hangout spot in town! After that, we made our way home with the tiredest dog I've ever seen and tried to stay awake until 10pm... not very successfully though...it was a long day!

1 comment:

MH said...

Love the art! Very cute and super crafty!