About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Jayda Oliya is Finally Here!

Yesterday morning I got the call that my adopted sister Chandra finally went into labor. Of course she lives in Detroit along with her sister Jess (who needed a little support with being Chandra's labor coach). So I left work and made my way across town (luckily with minimum traffic) with plenty of time to help coach.

She went into labor at about 8:00am and they finally decided to do a c-section at about 5:45pm. It was a long day! And I have to say that I am a little traumatized by the events that took place. I will probably be waiting to have kids until this memory has been completely erased from my mind. My hats are off to all mom's (and mom-to-be's) you guys are awesome and I don't know how you do it.

I believe a few direct quotes were... "I don't want to do this anymore" and "I am so mad at her right now" very classic.

Anyways, after a long day and a lot of hard work, Jayda Oliya (last name to be determined) decided to join us. She is 7 lbs, 14 oz and 20.5 inches long. She also has a full head of hair. No wonder Chandra had serious heartburn.

Here are some pictures of the new family member:

Mom & Baby


Baby Jayda




The proud aunt & grandma




Aunt, mom, grandpa & Jayda



Me and Jayda


Oh yeah and then there was this special pull out bed that was "broken"

No comments: