About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Monday, April 27, 2009

Welcome to the World Natalie Claire

Welcome Natalie Claire Amsterburg


6.13.9 lbs

20 1/4"


Here's the story... (Traci is narrating sorry it makes no sense)

Kim woke up at 2:00 a.m. and decided that she was either peeing her pants or her water broke.. then it was time to take a shower (Phil says it was the worlds longest shower)... then they decided to come to the hospital... on the way we called Kim's mom who screamed and woke up the entire house .... arrived at the hospital and sat in triage for about 3 hours... "not fun"! Went to a room at about 7:00a.m. after waiting for what seemed like forever.... Kim's mom and sister Ann showed up about then with Bagels and stayed for a bit before leaving and going to rescue Tula.... at about 1:00 everyone was watching Day's of Our Lives and trying to get through medium contractions... at 3:00 - 4:56 baby was on the way with major contractions... baby arrived at 4:57 - Kim had no pain medication and did AWESOME.

Kim and Phil had a few names picked out but weren't sure which one they would choose and they decided on Natalie Claire because Natalie was the nurses name which was obviously a sign and Claire is Grandma's middle name...

Other than Phil, Jenny, Ann, Mom and Grandma were all there for the delivery. Here's a pic of mom and dad and baby, we have to move rooms now, more later!

11 comments:

staciscott said...

She is beautiful Kim and Phil! I can't wait to meet her!

Mommy said...

AWESOME!!! I'm soo excited for you. I can't wait to meet her! Maya and Natalie can be friends :) Let us know if you are up for visitors but we'd love to bring you a meal once you get home and settled.... call if you have baby questions ;)

Deb Dozeman said...

Congrats!!! We're so thrilled for you =) Take care and get some rest. - Mike & Deb

The Camburns said...

CONGRATS!!! I still think Annanina would have been a great name!

Susan Arndt said...

She is sooo beautiful! Makes me cry! Looking at all of the family holding this baby, I can tell she will be one spoiled little girl. Awesome job- and congratulations. Wish you could have done this yesterday while I was in town- Love Aunt Sue.

skbevier said...

Very happy for all of you - and Kim you look so much better than yesterday!

She's going to be spoiled rotten by her aunts and grandparents!

And I love the name Natalie!

Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

So so excited to meet her. Rumor has it you had a baby shower that grandma was at. My mom, sister, and I would have kept her under control had we been invited. hint hint. :)

MH said...

Congratulations!!!! We're so excited for you both! Can't wait to meet her!

Jenna-Marie said...

Congrats Kimmer!! And Phil . . . she is beautiful. Can't wait to meet her!

perrienr said...

Oh my goodness, where have I been? I can't believe you had her the day after your shower! I can't wait to meet her, congrats!

Unknown said...

She is sooo beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. I am sooo happy for you guys! Congrats!