About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Weekend Update

Easter weekend was filled to the brim. Friday we had the day off from work (well Phil only had a half day… not that I’m rubbing it in). I lounged around and did a few small chores at home in the morning and then in the afternoon we had another doctor’s appointment. We are now at the point that we are going every two weeks. After our next appointment we will begin going each week. This is only exciting because it means it’s almost the end!!!

The appointment was routine, pee in this cup, check your blood pressure… get weighed so you can be depressed the rest of the day. This appointment they decided to hook me up to a machine that measures the baby’s movements & corresponding heart rate. Since I haven’t been feeling the baby move as much lately, they wanted to just make sure everything was still ok. I was hooked up to the machine for about a half hour. They also were measuring my uterine tone (to see if I was having any contractions). I had a few small contractions (that I didn’t even feel) towards the beginning but they eventually disappeared. The doctor’s were satisfied that the baby is moving enough & the heart rate is good and strong so they let us go with a gold star. They did feel around on my belly and determine that the baby is head down, so I probably won’t feel too many more big movements since there is really no more room in there.

Friday night we had our friends Randy & Liza over for a little dog walking, ice cream eating & movie watching. By 10:30 everyone was worn out and decided to call it a night. Saturday I attended a bridal shower for one of my co-workers. It was in a beautiful house on a nearby lake. We ate lots of good food & played some pretty fun games. We all had mannequin heads and as a team had to do the make-up & hair (including veil & tiara) of the head, blindfolded…. It was very interesting.
Here is my co-worker Deb doing the veil for their mannequin.

Here are all the completed heads. My team's is the second head from the left. We did a good job. My role was the hair... I know I rock!

No comments: