About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Nothing says Christmas like a whale sweater ... ?

Each Christmas, my dad buys all the guys a "guy gift" to enjoy. Well, this Christmas he decided to enlist the help of my mother & sister to make his "guy gifts." They went to the salvation army and bought every red sweater they had. Then they decorated each one differently for each person. I'll post pictures of all of them later (they are on my mom's camera), but here is Phil in his:



There is a little background story that goes with his sweater (and yes the spout actually lights up!). My mom made an advent calendar that was handed down to me this year. The advent calendar is a felt Christmas tree that has a felt ornament for each day held on by velcro. Well, apparently we had some extra grey felt & mom ran out of ornament ideas to make for the calendar, so we ended up with some random ornaments including a whale, a mouse & a sheep. Now I never thought anything weird of this (don't ask me why) until the day I put the whale on the tree & Phil said "is that a whale?!" I couldn't exactly explain the meaning of the Christmas Whale... but we got a laugh & now a sweater out of it.


Do you know the meaning of the Christmas Whale?

1 comment:

Greg Bevier said...

I'm jealous of the Christmas Whale sweater....