About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Monday, February 2, 2009

Sister's Weekend

This weekend was our first (of hopefully many to come) sister's weekend. We all congregated at my house, after of course we kicked Phil out, to do some painting & craft projects and of course have some serious sister bonding time.

My wonderful sisters spent the weekend helping me paint the baby's room and my mom even made a guest appearance to help with a wall art project.

Friday night we saw Slum Dog Millionaire at my sister's request & I actually really liked it (even though I had not even heard of it before we went). We had dinner & celebrated Annie's birthday with an ice cream cake from Cold Stone. Saturday we started early priming, painting, eating, jamming to our cousins CD and of course just being ourselves.

The room was painted a soft yellow (which was not so soft at first and almost gave me a panic attack). My sisters got creative by the end of the night & decided that the ceiling needed something extra. So we ended up with polka dots on the ceiling in all different colors (which I LOVE).

My mom and I spent most of the time working on our wall hangings (see below) that actually turned out pretty well, thanks to my lovely mother's artistic ability & my ability to paint in the lines.

Overall it was a very successful weekend! Although next sister's weekend I think should be less productive!

Annie priming the walls.


Mom with the beginnings of the wall art.

Everyone look at the polka dots on the ceiling.


The dogs were very little help (but you can see the bassinet & bouncy seat we got a good deal on at the second hand store).


Mom with the finished project... I think we need one more... maybe later!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Your wall hangings and the bassinet are super cute!