About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Monday, February 9, 2009

Frost Bite 5k

This weekend was the first annual Frost Bite 5k run in Vicksburg. Vicksburg has been trying to start a winter festival for the past few years and this year decided it needed another event. So my wonderful sister got roped into organizing a 5k run as part of the festival.

Since this was the first year, she was hoping for about 100 people but when the night before there were only 50 registered, we got a little worried. Most of my family showed up to help out and/or run in the event. I was one of those helping out. Aunt Laurie, my mom, even my friend Jess came over from Detroit to help out (along with a long list of others). By the end of EARLY morning registration, we have 127 runners registered! We were all very excited.

Overall the day was beautiful, the race went smoothly and we all had a great time. We even got to enjoy some of grandma's cupcakes.
Thank you to all of the participants & volunteers for helping out & supporting our cause! We appreciate it!
Since I was busy registering & recording the race results, I didn't get a chance to take many pictures. But here are the ones that I did get.
Jess recording race results. Nice work!

Annie & Sue Dornbos (one of the many volunteers).


Maggie (yes she got up early to come help out!), me & Jess... don't we all look lovely.

No comments: