About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Monday, June 23, 2008

Officially a soccer mom

Friday night was the final gathering of the U14 BC United girls soccer team. They had a pool party, hosted by one of the girl’s grandparents. There was a lot of swimming, screaming, talking about boys, eating and of course they finished the night with a haircut for Phil and some truck “decorating.”

The girls and their mom’s made Phil a really cool scrapbook with pictures of the team over the years that he has coached it and all of the fun things they have done. After all the sentimental crap was out of the way, they proceeded to throw each other in the pool and Phil of course could not resist cannon balling them.

After swimming, the girls wanted to give Phil a “haircut”… I’ll use this term loosely here. He ended up with a pseudo Mohawk which lasted for a day or so and then we “fixed” it.

Some of the girls were even generous enough to “decorate” Phil’s truck. The mom’s and I (yes I think I might officially be a soccer mom… even though I am not technically a mom) were commenting on their amateur job of toilet papering… where’s the saran wrap??

Everyone seemed to have a really good time. It was a good way to end things for the team.



Here is the team before swimming.



Phil mid-cannon ball action.










Here is Landon (a little brother) helping Phil get in the boat




The haircut begins.




At this point I was a little scared he was going to end up looking like a monk... notice the nice bald spot in the middle of his head.




The finished product.



Here are their decorations.





The girls responsible.





The scrapbook.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm leaving you a comment here just to prove that I really do read your blog! And to say that I think Phil should have kept the new hair -- it looked awesome!