About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm a regular Annie Oakley ... Kimmy Oakley if you will

This weekend we spent Saturday at my parents house in Vicksburg (after we watched MSU win in college football of course). My sister and brother in law came into town so we had dinner with Grandma and had some good family bonding time.

Sunday, we went up to Ludington with Phil's dad to visit Grandma Amsterburg. Phil's dad brought up his guns so that he could practice shooting. I got to shoot most of the guns as well. I think I have a bruise on my arm from the shotgun... that thing is powerful! We also tromped around in the woods with Tula baiting deer and checking out Rob's deer blind. Before we could sit down to a wonderful mix between Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner, Phil and his dad had to cut down a tree that was falling over and bring it back up to the house.



Rob decided that he wanted to take do a little tree surfing. I caught him at the end when he was about to fall off, but he rode the tree all the way from the back of the (I think 16 acre) property to the house. They are crazy... and lucky they didn't break anything.

Anyways, we had a great time and a wonderful dinner!

Rob, Grandma and I (the Beverly Hill Billies)


Phil aiming his shot.


Here are the guns we were shooting.


Tula and I in our hunter's orange.. oh yeah I was collecting pine cones on out trip too.


Here is Rob at the end of his tree surfing.

3 comments:

Greg Bevier said...

Sweet! I'm supposed to do a little target shooting myself here sometime soon!

The Camburns said...

I LOVE the tula orange

The Camburns said...

That was me, not stinky Erin :) (I forgot to put that in the first post)