About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Monday, October 1, 2007

North Carolina Wedding

This past weekend we drove down to the Outer Banks of North Carolina to attend Jenna-Marie's wedding. Jenna is my sister's good friend that we've known since we were little, she is also the lucky woman who caught the bouquet at my wedding!

We left after work on Thursday and drove the 14.5 hours straight through the night. It was very long and we were tired but the good news is, there is no traffic at 3 in the morning! Friday we spent most of the day at the beach body surfing the big waves and recovering from our drive. Saturday we spent the day helping with wedding preparations and watching Michigan State football on TV.

The wedding was on the beach behind a hotel on Saturday night, it was really nice, but also very windy! We danced the night away and then sent off the happy couple with a ceremonial lighting of sparklers.

Sunday morning we got up early and drove back home. Whew am I tired, but it was so worth it!

Friday afternoon we went to lunch at a place called "Dirty Dicks"... I'll let you read their slogan below:


Phil and I waiting for the wedding to start.


The wedding.


The lovely bridesmaids (Rhiannon, Cindy and Jennifer - my sister)


The happy couple (Jenna-Marie and Steve)


My father and Rhiannon collaborating on the toast... this is trouble!


The center pieces that I had the pleasure of helping with... mixing purple sand and water is not a lot of fun... take my word for it!


My four dads... these boys were trying to skirt their "dancing duties" by baby sitting... notice little Sophie in the back right... hmmm they don't look like they are doing such a good job.

No comments: