About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Engagement News!!!

This past weekend, I took another trip to Detroit with my Mom & Grandma to walk/run in the Race for the Cure in Detroit. We stayed the night Friday with Aunt Laurie, Uncle Jeff & Staci and then got up at the butt crack of dawn to make our way downtown to Comerica Park for the race. There were about 30,000 people there...it was very crowded. But we got a lot of free stuff & we got to see the tiger statue (in front of the stadium) dressed in a pink t-shirt with a big breast cancer ribbon on it. Grandma walked the 3.1 miles and made it the entire way without complaining. Uncle Jeff, Staci & I ran the 3.1 miles with a lot of complaining.

After the race, we killed some time before we had to pick Phil up from the airport by what else... shopping! We spent the majority of our time at IKEA (I made quite a few purchases) and then made our way to JoAnn Fabric where I also made some purchases. I finally found the fabrics I wanted to make myself some wall hangings out of... I'll post pictures when they're done.

And finally... the biggest news of all!!!! Jon & Erin are finally engaged (Phil & My Friends). It has been a long time coming... and some of us (mainly Erin) thought it might never happen... but now our lives are complete. The date is already set for next August. The proposal was a success and after her initial reaction of wanting to throw up on Jon, Erin did say yes... or maybe it was "yeah." Either way, the wedding is on and we are soooo excited for the new fiance's.

The Happy Couple


The Ring

3 comments:

skbevier said...

Being of an "older" generation, I'm confused. If someone says your blog is "stinky", is that a compliment?

Aunt Sharon

joncamburn said...

Stinky just means that her blog is like Phil, it just smells kinda funny.

skbevier said...

Well, ok. Jon Camburn, you said that it smells kinda funny, not me. :-)