About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

To Elmo or not to Elmo

After much internal debate, I decided to embrace Elmo. That’s right, we threw a little Elmo themed birthday party this weekend for Natalie, complete with an Elmo cupcake cake (made by my mother and myself) and an Elmo piñata, which we did not fill since we thought bashing Elmo to pieces might be traumatizing for a 2 year old. We hosted the party at our house with some close friends and the Amsterburg family. It was a beautiful day and we all had a great time. I think her favorite part was the Easter grass that Nona gave her as part of her gift. J

We continued our celebrations at my parents house on Sunday. We had Easter lunch with the whole Maltby crew (aside from my sister who was up North with her in-laws). Then we had an Easter egg hunt in the back yard for Natalie and my cousins. Natalie wasn’t really into it. She was more into chasing the cat around and getting sticks for the dogs. But she did find a few eggs in the end. We topped the day off with an awesome Owl cake made of cupcakes that my mother, Aunt Sharon and I made for Natalie. I didn’t get a good picture of it, but here is what we used as our inspiration. http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/dessert-recipes/cakes-cupcakes/theme-cupcakes/night-owls-cupcakes-984215/


the Elmo pinata





This was her big present from my parents. It even has a cute little bell on it. My dad went all out for this one.

No comments: