About Us

My photo
And the family keeps growing and growing and growing...

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Update on Baby Maltburg

For those of you that are interested, here is a quick update on the last few months of my pregnancy (for those of you who aren’t, stop reading now!).

Up until exactly 6 weeks to the day, I felt fine. That dreaded 6 week mark was the beginning of my own silent little torture world (sometimes not so silent) and the end of the wife that Phil is used to. From 6 weeks until pretty much last week (which was 13 weeks), this is what my life consisted of:

Sleep, Throw up, Feel sick, Eat, Sleep, Feel sick, Eat, Sleep, Go to bed (sometimes throw up before bed)

Now I’ve progressed so that my sleeping is less (although still more than usual for me), my throwing up & feeling sick is mainly limited to the morning, (By the way whoever coined the phrase “morning sickness” clearly has never been pregnant. It is more like all day and wake you up at night sickness.) and eating… I think the eating has taken the place of the feeling sick & throwing up part. Basically I feel like I have clock in my belly that goes off when it hasn’t had food in at least 1 hour (sometimes 1 ½ hrs). If we hadn’t heard the heartbeat already, I’d swear that I had a tape worm.

7 comments:

The Camburns said...

Baby Maltburg? What the heck happened to baby Xena?

Anonymous said...

Oh sister that was my life with Charlotte. It was a nightmare that did not end. Ok, it did end and now I have a great baby but still...The Holidays last year were so fun with all the food smells around.

philhamburger said...

what happened to all the names that i had picked out...like abraham, ulysses, astird, or my favorite mckenzie!!

Anonymous said...

I like Abraham Amsterburg

the Maltburgs said...

I forgot about Abraham. We have never discussed Ulysses. Astird is a girls name & don't even get me started on McKenzie. I think maybe we should change YOUR name to McKenzie since you love it so much.

The Casa Hunt said...

What about Zeezrom or Kishkumen?!!! Those are great names!!!! Hang in there Kim!! You can't be treating Phil any worse than I did!!

Anonymous said...

i think you should name the baby "work" since thats probably where phil was when teh baby was concieved